How to Register
In the menu bar, click on the ‘Sign up’ link
You will be taken to a Registration form. Please fill it out and press the ‘Register’ button.
We will review your application and send you a ‘Welcome Aboard’ email.
This could take several hours depending upon whether we are on the beach or the golf course!
So please be patient and wait for your ‘Welcome Aboard’ email.
Please Note: You only have to Sign Up once. After you have Signed Up (and been approved) you will click the ‘Log In’ link in the menu instead of the ‘Sign Up’
Buyer’s Clubs operate on the premise that when 20 of us approach a vendor and offer to buy something, the vendor will be more likely to work with us on Price, Service, Extras, etc. than he/she would if just one of us were to go shopping.
Buyer’s Clubs accomplish several things for their members:
- Saves us Money
- Provides Greater Buying Options
- Allows us to Buy Local
- Fosters an Increased Sense of Community
Our current status has us aligned to partner with local farmer(s) to deliver organic* vegetables on a weekly basis.
Here’s the deal:
- First step is to sign up on the Registration Page. After we clear you through some administrative hurdles, you’re in!
- Next, give a check to our Treasurer (You need money in your account to purchase food)
- Every week you can log on to the Order page and select your vegetables for that week. The cost will be withdrawn from your account. You will receive a text hen the farmer delivers the week’s vegetables as to when/where to pick up your order.
- Hopefully, we’ll have you eating economical, healthy, and convenient food.
- We’re not there yet, but Version 2.0 will open this Buyer’s Club up to include other options – here are some examples of how far we can take it:
- Services: (Pest Control, Lawn care, Housekeeping, etc.)
- Wholesale purchases (If enough of us buy an item we can get it at a wholesale price)
- Appliances (If you need a new Washing machine it could be that 2 others do too. The store may swing you a deal on 3 Washing Machines!)
- Non food Purchases: (ABC Liquors offers a discount when buying by the case, City Rep Theatre offers discounts if blocks of tickets are purchased, etc.)
- Here’s a big one: (Selling your house? Maybe 2 or 3 others are too. A realtor might give you a break on closing fees if all 4 of you sign on with her!)
Tutorial #1 (How to Register):
Once you join you will have access to two pages:
- The Order Page
- The Forum (Where you can discuss potential buying opportunities with fellow members)
- Note about Organic: Technically the vegetables we are getting are not Organic in that the farmers don’t want to pay the fee to be certified Organic. However, he has assured me that he goes through all the steps to be Organic except for paying the fee.